Welcome to the online space for the I am Not a Mistake Foundation, and organisation dedicated to alleviating the suffering of those who represent the most vulnerable sects of society either by being the victims of abuse, discrimination, poverty, neglect, and mental health disorders. We seek to give silent sufferers a voice by providing them with protection, healthcare, legal services and counselling to help them navigate their way into being empowered and independent members of society.
We believe that actions speak louder than words, and endeavour to bring positive change to our country by not only speaking out, but acting out against those that seek to dominate, control or benefit from keeping victims downtrodden, and do so in such a way as to empower the victims of ill-treatment to make something of themselves independently of the factors in their lives that are keeping them down.
Action where Words Are Not Enough
To this end, the I am Not a Mistake Foundation offers the following, much needed services to the victims of our country:
- We provide mental-health support for those individuals who are suffering with depression and anxiety, or those that find it difficult moving through a life that seems characterised by struggle and suppression
- Our 24-hour call centre is operated by highly trained and skilled individuals to assist with and prevent suicides, while providing callers with a relevant list of councillors, psychiatrists and hospitals in South Africa.
- Our legal department is here to assist individuals who cannot afford legal services with divorces, restraining and protection orders; while ensuring that that victimisers are held accountable for their actions.
- We provide a number of protected safe-houses in secure locations to give a safe place to victims of domestic abuse.
- Our security division is made up of trained staff members who can assist with removing victims from an unhealthy environment. They will also monitor the process of legal proceedings to make sure that legal cases make it to court, and that no bribes or illegal activity undermines retribution and accountability.
- Our HR division will oversee workplace disputes where employees are being discriminated against, bullied or neglected for any reasons. We will advise both the employee and the employer of the best actions to take to maintain a productive and harmonised workplace.
- We provide mobile clinics for those areas where medical facilities are lacking, to ensure that its individuals receive treatment wherever it is needed.
- Our education and training division will help build a sustainable future for all South Africans by empowering its most vulnerable sects.
- Our foundation provides inspirational seminars that reach out to all demographics in a bid to build stronger connections between South Africans of all ages, races and genders.
If you would like to learn more about our Foundation, would like to take part in making a difference, or need assistance and protection when turning your life around, be sure to contact a representative from I am Not a Mistake, or feel free to continue browsing our website for details. Together we can all make a difference.